For My New Photo Gallery Click Here
More Photos In This Series

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Keeping Cool---Tree Sparrows having a bath

The summer heat in HK sometimes is unbearable not only for humans, but also for the birds. While we humans often head off to the beach, the birds like to find a puddle to cool themselves down. The other day, I saw several Tree Sparrows having a good time by a river bank. 



One of them jumped in first, while its friends were not so sure about the water. 


So they decided to watch. 





I guess their friend must have told them how enjoyable the bath was。


They decided to join in。




I could see that they were having a good time。






A Black-Faced Laughing Thrush couldn’t resist the fun either.




The Spotted Doves, on the other hand,  seemed to be very cautious about the water. 






6 comments:

HANS-PETER ZÜRCHER said...

Swimming fun the special and wonderful Art A beautiful series of photos ...

Many greetings from Switzerland

Hans-Peter

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

A fun series. I think the dove was just content to cool off through his breast only.

Unknown said...

I love to watch birds bathing..great serie, just what I needed to cool me off :-)

Monts said...

Great set of images, its always fun to watch them in the bird bath here.

Russell Jenkins said...

Super photographs and cool observations.

Chris said...

Excellent bathing time. It looks like you did not join them ;-) Beautiful set of pictures!