For My New Photo Gallery Click Here
More Photos In This Series

Sunday 20 March 2011

Portraits of My Garden Birds (1)

 
This winter has been longer and colder than usual in Hong Kong. To help the birds through the tough winter, I have been putting bird food on my balcony regularly in the last few months. The birds showed their appreciation by letting me get very close and take some close-up photos. 


 
The most frequent visitors are the Chinese Bulbuls.







The Chinese Bulbuls are common residents in Hong Kong which are about 19cm long and very noisy. They mainly feed on fruit and insects. Because of the lack of food in the winter, these birds came to my balcony regularly to enjoy the fruit and cooked rice everyday.















8 comments:

Unknown said...

Stuuning sharp images.

Unknown said...

Superb series of a beautiful bird!

Denis Degullacion said...

Love the series shots.

Birdy Official said...

Posed very beautifully.

Joop Zand said...

You pictures are again AMAZING, my compliments for this work.

I 'am gonna following you work from now on.

Greetings, Joop

Alan Pavey said...

Fantastic shots, thank you for following my blog, I'm glad I've found yours.
All the best

Al

Mike Barth said...

They certainly rewarded you with some wonderful close-ups !

Daniel said...

These are great you could sell these to a magazine